It’s spring and time to think about new beginnings. National African-American Women’s Fitness Month encourages black women to think about the risks of a sedentary lifestyle and the benefits of activity and good nutrition.
The idea is to incorporate fun into your lifestyle. Ten tips for the 2011 celebration include:
1. Assess where you are. What is your current level of physical activity?
2. Make an appointment with your health care provider.
3. Identify your fitness goals and make healthy lifestyle choices.
4. Visualize yourself in optimal health and reaching your fitness goals.
5. Start moving! Make a fitness schedule a part of your daily routine.
6. Include nutritious foods in your diet and drink plenty of water.
7. Find a buddy! Make fitness a family or friend affair.
8. Meditate, pray and maintain a positive attitude.
9. Select a hairstyle that will allow you to enjoy the benefits of exercise.
10. Love yourself and celebrate your fitness accomplishments.
©2011 Sheila Madison & Associates